Monday, September 7, 2020

Positive Posts - Gratitude Journal - 1

We're still in lockdown here (Victoria, Australia) because of the pandemic, and we've been told it will be continuing for some time - so I've decided to do some Positive Posts. I'll be trying to do one a day (if my sick computer allows) on the Facebook "Free Fun and Games" page, and the reading/literacy resources will be posted here.

I thought a 'Gratitude Journal' would be a good thing for children to keep, to promote positivity, and also encourage self-expression and writing skills. This blog is about reading skills, but expression, writing and spelling are also very valuable in developing reading ability.

Any kind of write-in book can be used as a journal, or children can make their own from any available paper, but I've been working on some printable pages to make it more fun. They will be in A4 page format, so they can be put in a normal folder/ringbinder/display book etc.

Today, I'll post some cover ideas, and in subsequent days I'll post some printable pages. You can use them or make your own. I'll do some colour versions and also greyscale/black & white to save your printer ink and to encourage children to add their own colours or designs. 

If your child is too young to write, they can dictate to you so that you can write their responses, and/or  they may wish to draw a picture. They may also like to paste in extra photos, pictures from magazines, even leaves, dried flowers, gift cards or paper, etc.

So, here are some cover ideas, in colour or a variety of black-and-white designs to colour in. 

Click on the pictures to download the printable .pdf page:









Tomorrow, I'll start adding pages to print and fill in ... or you can think of your own ideas.




No comments:

Post a Comment